A furnace is an essential part of any home's heating system, especially in areas with…
When Should You Have Your Furnace Cleaned and Serviced?
Having your furnace serviced or cleaned regularly is an important part of keeping your home comfortable and safe. This is why understanding when to have your furnace cleaned or serviced is vital. If this is something that you’re interested in learning more about, read on as we help you figure out when to have your furnace cleaned or serviced.
How Often Do You Need to Clean Your Furnace?
When it comes to furnace cleaning, there are several factors that determine how often you should clean it. These factors include the age and condition of your furnace, the type of fuel used to power it, and the type of filter used. Additionally, how often your furnace is used can also impact the frequency of cleaning.
For most households, it is recommended to have your furnace cleaned and inspected at least once a year, usually in the fall before the cold weather sets in. However, if your furnace is older or runs for extended periods of time, it may be necessary to clean it more frequently. In this case, you should have your furnace inspected and serviced by a qualified technician at least twice a year.
In addition to an annual inspection and cleaning, there are some steps that you can take on your own to help keep your furnace in good working order. First, it is important to replace the filter at least once a season. This will help reduce dust, dirt, and other particles from entering the system and reduce the need for more frequent cleanings. Secondly, check the exterior of the furnace and make sure it is free of any debris, such as leaves or twigs, that may have accumulated. Finally, make sure the area around the furnace is well-ventilated.
How Often Do You Need to Have Your Furnace Serviced?
The answer depends on several factors, including the age of your furnace and how often it is used. Generally speaking, it is a good idea to have your furnace serviced at least once a year, preferably in the fall before the cold weather sets in. This will help ensure that your furnace is running efficiently and safely.
If your furnace is older than 10 years, it is recommended that you have it serviced twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. This will help keep your furnace running efficiently and reduce the chances of it breaking down during the winter.
If you use your furnace frequently, then you may want to have it serviced more often. This is especially true if you have an older furnace. It is also a good idea to have your furnace serviced if you notice any strange sounds or smells coming from it.
What Are the Signs That You Need to Have Your Furnace Cleaned or Serviced?
The furnace is an essential part of your home’s heating system, and it needs regular maintenance to ensure that it is running efficiently. If you notice any of the signs mentioned below, it may be time to have your furnace cleaned or serviced.
1. Higher Energy Bills: If your energy bills suddenly spike, it could be a sign that your furnace is not functioning properly. This could be caused by a build-up of dirt and dust in the blower and fan, or a clogged filter causing your furnace to work harder to heat your home.
2. Strange Noises: If you hear any strange noises coming from your furnace, this could be a sign that something is wrong. Rattling and buzzing may be a sign that the blower or fan needs to be serviced, while a whistling noise could mean that the air ducts are clogged or blocked.
3. Unusual Smells: If you notice any strange or unpleasant smells coming from your furnace, this could be a sign that the air filter needs to be changed. It could also be a sign of a more serious problem, such as a gas leak.
4. Uneven Heating: If some parts of your home are warmer than others, this could be a sign that your furnace is not functioning properly. It could be that the air filter is clogged, or that there is a problem with the system’s blower or fan.
5. Excessive Dust: If you notice that there is more dust than usual in your home, this could be a sign that your furnace needs to be serviced. A build-up of dirt and dust in the blower or fan could be causing the air to be circulated more than it should be.
It is important to be mindful of your furnace and its maintenance needs. Regular check-ups are essential to ensure that your furnace is running efficiently and safely. Feel free to refer back to this article in order to take care of your furnace properly.
CG Heating & Cooling offers reliable furnace service, Colorado, and nearby areas. Get in touch with us to schedule the repair service you need!