HVAC Companies in Castle Rock: Find the Right Expert for Your Home Is your home…
Heating and cooling machines are vital in every home. They moderate indoor air quality while ensuring the temperature stays balanced within the property. However, like other machines, HVAC systems may also experience wear and tear over time.
Therefore, scheduling a maintenance service or repair work for HVAC systems should happen at least once a year. But there are instances when they may need more than the scheduled maintenance. But when should homeowners consider hiring HVAC cleaning services?
Producing Weird Noises
One of the most common signs that your HVAC system needs repair is when it produces unusual noises. The most common sounds you will hear are squealing, grinding, or banging noises. These sounds usually signal that the system’s components are starting to wear out. Another common sign that your HVAC system needs repair is when it produces clicking or hissing noises. Here are examples of weird noises your HVAC system could be making:
- Buzzing — Buzzing sounds coming from an HVAC system could be caused by a dirty filter, an unbalanced fan motor, or even lint buildup in the ducts.
- Clicking — When your system is clicking, it may mean there are loose components inside the unit that need to be tightened.
- Rattling — Rattling noises can signify poor airflow due to a clogged air filter or blocked vents. Alternatively, the rattling could indicate loose parts within the system’s structure.
- Squealing — If you hear squeaking coming from your HVAC system, it may mean one of its internal components is out of alignment, like the belt that drives the blower motor needs replacing.
- Whistling – A whistling noise usually indicates a duct is leaking and should be sealed or replaced as soon as possible to restore peak energy efficiency and avoid wasting money on utility bills.
These sounds indicate an issue with the system’s air ducts. If you hear any of these sounds coming from your HVAC system, it is best to call a professional to have the system checked.
Emitting Unpleasant Odor
Another common sign that your HVAC system needs repair is when it emits an unpleasant odor. Several issues, such as a dirty air filter or a clogged air duct, can cause it. If you notice an unpleasant smell coming from your HVAC system, it is best to call a professional.
If you notice a musty smell coming from your HVAC system, it could signify that the system’s evaporator coil is dirty. A dirty evaporator coil can cause the system to emit a musty smell. Leaving it unchecked can lead to more severe HVAC system problems in the future.
Common unpleasant odors your HVAC system could be emitting include:
- Musty — If you smell a musty odor, it could indicate the presence of mold or mildew in your ventilation system.
- Dusty — Dusty odors usually occur when air filters become clogged with debris and should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Burning — An unpleasant burning smell could signify an electrical component inside the unit is overheating and needs to be inspected immediately to avoid potential fires or shocks.
- Fishy — Fishy smells are caused by obstructed condensation lines and can lead to water damage if not diagnosed promptly.
- Acrid – Acrid smells indicate a gas leak in the system and should be addressed right away for safety reasons.
Not Heating or Cooling Properly
One of the most common issues homeowners experience with their HVAC systems is improper heating or cooling. If your HVAC system is not providing the desired temperature in your home, it is a sign that it needs to be repaired or replaced.
One of the most common issues that can cause your HVAC system not to heat or cool properly is a clogged air filter. A dirty air filter can restrict the airflow in the system, which can cause it to overheat. A clogged air filter also causes the system to work harder, causing higher energy bills.
If your home has a lot of dust, it could be a sign that your HVAC system is not functioning correctly. A clogged air filter can cause the system to work harder and blow dust into your home. As a result, the entire household may develop allergies, causing colds and coughing.
Another possible reason for dust accumulation could be a leak in your ductwork. The ductwork can develop leaks over time, allowing dust, pollen, and other allergens to enter your home. Instead of cleaning the air, the HVAC system will only make the air dirtier than it already is.
High Energy Bills
If your energy bills are higher than usual, technicians must fix your HVAC system. It could be due to a clogged air filter, a broken blower motor, or leaky ductwork. It is essential to have a professional inspect your HVAC system to determine the cause of the problem and make the necessary repairs.
It’s no secret that keeping your home comfortable during the summer and winter months can take a toll on your energy bills. But, did you know that having your HVAC system regularly inspected and cleaned can help lower those costs?
An efficiently running HVAC system will not only save money by reducing strain on the unit, but also by improving air quality throughout the home. During an inspection and cleaning, a technician will check for any malfunctioning parts, as well as inspect filters, fans, coils, and ductwork for dirt or debris.
A dirty filter can cause poor air flow throughout the system, making it difficult for the unit to regulate temperature evenly. With less air passing through it, the motor has to work harder to deliver optimal climate control — leading to higher energy costs. In addition to this, clogged filters reduce air quality by trapping dust particles in throat of the ventilation system.
Regular inspections and cleanings are essential for any healthy HVAC system — even if nothing seems amiss! Keeping up-to-date with maintenance helps prevent large repair costs down the line due to diminished performance or equipment failure. Not only that, but regular checkups ensure optimum efficiency is maintained so you won’t be paying more than necessary on costly energy bills each month. So don’t wait any longer — call an expert today!
Conclusion when to Hire HVAC Cleaning Services for Homeowners
If you have noticed any of these signs, it is time to call a professional HVAC contractor to inspect your system. Leaving the signs untreated or unchecked can lead to more severe problems. But having them checked earlier is still cheaper than replacing the entire machine.
CG Heating & Cooling offers furnace services in Castle Rock, helping homeowners maintain their heating and cooling machines to last longer than expected. Aside from providing residential HVAC services, we also handle AC repairs to prepare houses for the warm summers to come. Learn more about our services by booking an appointment on our website today.